…and Isabel Marant for H&M collabs.
…and Isabel Marant for H&M collabs.
Via JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images
Literally just your fists
Via ANDREW YATES/AFP/Getty Images
Aly Michalka from Phil of the Future
Brenda Song from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Dylan Sprouse from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Cole Sprouse from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Raviv “Ricky” Ullman from Phil of the Future
Emily Osment from Hannah Montana
Shia LeBeouf from Even Stevens
Adrienne Bailon from Cheetah Girls
Michael Steger from Cheetah Girls
David Henrie from Wizards of Waverly Place
Kyle Massey from Cory in the House
Taylor Lautner from The Adventures of
Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Joe Jonas from Jonas
Nick Jonas from Jonas
Kevin Jonas from Jonas
Sterling Knight from Sonny with a Chance
Hilary Duff from Lizzie McGuire
Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical
Corbin Bleu from High School Musical
Chris Warren Jr. from High School Musical
And finally, Zac Efron From High School Musical
Thankfully I have a Scottish hubby to translate this:
“I gave my mom a cake, she turned into a big bear. My old man tries to do her in. If that’s not a pure mess, I don’t know what is” https://t.co/fV6GMaAqLP
News moves fast. Keep up with the BuzzFeed News daily email!
Ewan McGregor has done it all. Since shooting to fame in 1996 with his role as Renton in Trainspotting, he’s done musicals with Moulin Rouge, tackled two different roles in FX’s Fargo (which earned him a Golden Globe in January this year), and, of course, played a younger version of the beloved Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels. Now he’s taking on another beloved character opposite Winnie the Pooh in Disney’s Christopher Robin — but this time, Christopher’s all grown up.
McGregor’s one of the most well-known actors of his generation, so when we got the chance to chat with him while he was promoting Christopher Robin in London recently, we got him to spill some secrets you might ~not~ know…
Ewan McGregor: Coffee.
EM: A horse.
[People in the room start laughing.]
EM: It is the animal I’m most like! Not physically! I meant spiritually, I’m like a horse. Come on!
EM: Yes, I’ve been mistaken for Eddie Izzard. I get mistaken for Ricky Gervais.
EM: I suppose acting with a character who’s not really there. He’s real, but sometimes he won’t come out to play.
EM: Working with Winnie the Pooh. [laughs]
EM: I loved Peter Pan, and I loved this book — I keep thinking of this — I think it was the first book I read that didn’t have pictures in it. It was called Minerva, and it was about a dinosaur. It’s not a popular one, but it’s the one I remember.
EM: Well, all of him. I played him, so I have to identify with all parts of him to be able to play him properly.
EM: I have several sets of bagpipes.
EM: Pepperoni and anchovy.
BuzzFeed: Ooh, I was expecting you to stop at pepperoni.
EM: No, I gave you anchovy as well. It’s salt on salt, you know what I mean?
EM: Cheer up.
EM: Cheer up. [laughs] No, no, the best piece of advice I’ve ever been given… Well, professionally, it would be from Dennis Potter, who I worked with on my first-ever job at drama school, and it was called Lipstick on My Collar. He gave me some great advice, and it was shortly before he passed away. He said the work I had done in this series was very good, and that I should be careful not to just jump at the first job I was offered after it, but to make sure I was doing good work and that I was choosing wisely.
EM: They’re not usually crazy – I kind of enjoy people coming up and saying hello. It’s just a shame, now these days all fan encounters tend to be is “Can I have a selfie?” And that’s it. I always think it’d be much better to have a chat. I always think if you see someone you like or admire, or respect something about what they do as a profession, it’d be quite interesting to talk to them.
EM: Yes, I’ve found with some of my heroes that I’ve met. Billy Connolly was a big, big hero of mine growing up, and I met Billy Connolly and I found that it took me ages to get over the… I just asked him for a selfie. [laughs]
EM: Well, I think everyone would love to work with De Niro. I’ve never worked with him, and I’d love to.
EM: I like the old… In the ‘80s, we had this sort of, step and kick.
We’ll nickname it the McGregor.
EM: The McGregor, that’s right.
EM: I don’t find acting very challenging – I find that it’s exciting and interesting, so when I’m working, I don’t work from a place of, “I can’t do this!” I mean, there’s some technical things that are challenging, and physical things. The sword fights in Star Wars were very physically challenging and difficult to learn and remember, and required months of practice leading up to those films.
EM: I really liked playing in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with Emily Blunt. That was fun, because she’s so hilarious to work with and she’s so lovely and funny. I really enjoyed that role. The other one would be Fargo. I was in the last season of Fargo, and I played two brothers, and that was really fun. What a brilliant bunch of actors to work with.
EM: “Choose life.” It’d have to be that one.
EM: People asking for a selfie. [laughs] I’m really laying myself bare to just be baited with selfies for the rest of my life.
EM: Sharks. Although I love them very much, and I think we should stop killing them. We kill millions of sharks a year, just for shark fin soup and stuff. We’re destroying the ecosystem of the sea, and if it was dolphins, we’d be up in arms, but it’s sharks, so nobody really cares because we’re scared of them. I think they should be saved and looked after, but at the same time when I’m swimming in the sea I’m scared of them.
EM: My mum.
EM: The love heart.
EM: “Master Plan” by Oasis.
EM: “Angels” by Robbie Williams.
EM: Christopher Robin. By Disney.
EM: It’s a Wonderful Life.
EM: I read this brilliant book called Exit West. It’s about immigration and refugees.
EM: I’d like to be a sculptor or a fine artist. Something that involves staying at home. I’ve spent my life travelling around and I love that, I love seeing the world, but I spend my life on the move, and I fantasise about having a job where you can just wake up in the morning and make yourself some coffee and go to your studio, which is part of your house, and create. I’d have to do something creative, because I couldn’t not.
EM: I think working with Unicef, and being a Unicef ambassador, is the thing I’m most proud of.
EM: I’d like to fly. I used to fly aeroplanes, and I stopped doing that because it was so complicated with the radio stuff, because I live in LA and the airspace is very busy. But I’d like to fly paragliders, and soar underneath a wing like that, silently in the wind. I think that’d be amazing.
EM: Being with my kids.
EM: That I have a collection of bagpipes. [laughs]
1. This score is rather fab.
2. Ooh we’re on Isla Nublar! I definitely should have watched this before I watched Jurassic World and its sequel…things would have tied up a bit more.
3. Ooh, the iconic dino eye.
4. This lawyer seems shady AF but lol, he tripped, I laughed.
5. Ooohh Dennis is bad. Also, is he Al from Toy Story 2?
6. HI SAM NEILL. Looking pretty handsome.
7. FORGET SAM, HI LAURA DERN.
8. Who’s this little shite making turkey jokes to big Alan (Sam Neill)?
9. I want Ellie’s (Laura Dern) hat btw.
10. Alan Is being VERY graphic right now about a dino killing you, this must have been pretty grim as a kid.
11. Alan is so hot though. And he also hates kids. Dream man.
12. HI RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH. I genuinely miss you.
13. Hammond (Richard Attenborough) has a Scottish accent, which I am loving. “Coosta reeeca” and “a wee testimony” are great lines.
14. JEFF GOLDBLUM GIVING ME ‘90S HOTTIE REALNESS.
15. That leather jacket, daddy Jeff. I need a cold shower.
16. Sorry Alan, it’s all about Dr. Malcolm (Jeff Goldbae) now.
17. The score really is triumphant, I should set it as an alarm.
18. The brachiosaurus might genuinely be my fave dinosaur. It seems like a nice, friendly sort.
19. This was ’93?? The effects are very impressive. Not to shit on the ‘90s.
20. They have a T-Rex, good idea guys. Ellie and Alan are happy but I’m already terrified. THEY’RE NOT PETS.
21. I guess that’s what a lot of this film is about though. WHY CAN’T WE LET THINGS BE??
22. Ellie’s glasses are a look.
23. I feel like Hammond’s Scottish accent has sorta disappeared though.
24. Wait is this Henry from the new films? Ok now I need to watch ALL of them ’cause I’ve clearly been missing things.
25. Henry Wu why did you have to turn out to be evil.
26. They’re all female? Bye men, you’re not needed.
27. The game warden’s shorts are very…short. Am I into beige overalls?
28. Dr. Malcolm is wary of the entire park. I am on his side tbh, stop fucking with stuff, people.
29. “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.” Possibly gonna be the best quote of the entire film.
30. Jeff just said what they’re doing is the “rape of the natural world”. This is a very good debate, but a lot of this must have gone right over my head as a kid.
31. He brought his grandkids. Now the film is gonna be shit, isn’t it? The kids in Jurassic World were so fucking annoying.
32. Okay okay, this is it. They’re entering the park!!
33. This really must have been mindblowing when it came out. Actually, it still is, TBH.
34. I had no fucking clue that Samuel L. Jackson was in this.
35. “Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth”. Ellie is amazing.
36. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS LIL’ KID BEING DELIGHTED ABOUT THE LAMB BEING SACRIFICED???
37. Alan called the T-Rex he, but she is a she, if what Henry said was right.
38. This ill triceratops is v upsetting.
39. A STORM IS COMING!
40. DENNIS WITH YOUR WALLPAPER OF A LADY IN ZEBRA LINGERIE, YOU SUCK.
41. Okay, Dennis is in the yellow jacket, I remember this actually. I don’t think it ends too well.
42. I’m surprised, but glad, that the kids haven’t been in it too much (so far).
43. Okay the T-Rex is fucking terrifying.
44. And LOL at the lawyer ditching the kids. He’s gonna die.
45. THE TOILET SCENE. I do remember this. As Céline sang, it’s all coming back to me.
46. These kids are pretty brave, I can’t lie. And I know they won’t die, but they’re fucking going through it.
47. DENNIS LOST HIS GLASSES, THIS IS SO RELATABLE.
48. DENNIS I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR COMEUPPANCE, IT’S GOING TO BE SO SATISFYING.
49. Bye Dennis.
50. Ellie is rocking that yellow jacket.
51. We see the Jurassic Park shop – did they sell all of this merchandise when the film was released? I hope so.
52. Lex being a hacker is so fucking cool and forward and yesss. I am sure she will need to hack something later.
53. The dinos did turn male in a female-only environment due to the frog DNA. Dr. Malcolm was bloody right.
54. Ray’s constant smoking is the most ‘90s thing.
55. “We can discuss sexism in survival situations when I get back.” YES ELLIE. YOU ARE THE BEST.
56. Oh god, Ellie is turning on the electric fence and the kid is on it.
57. AND NOW HE’S BEEN SHOCKED. This is traumatic.
58. Lol Alan just called the kid toast, cruel.
59. Yup, the green jelly is shaking, I know this well.
60. Velociraptors are here to fuck shit up.
61. And there ya go, Lex is hacking.
62. A child dinosaur genius and a child hacker, they really lucked out having these two with them.
63. LEX SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO SEE THAT “SEXY” WALLPAPER.
64. I just love that Dr. Malcolm is chilling and showing off his nipples. Fair play.
65. HEY T-Rex, saving the day.
66. And everyone still looks shabby but Ellie, which makes sense. She’s heavenly.
67. WAIT, it’s based on a novel? I am a fool that had no idea.
Thinking back on twilight…and how Bella became pregnant. Like I wondered at the time but I didn’t think deeply about it, but now, how the hell??? Edward couldn’t cry…sweat….hell he didn’t have blood. So how could he nut?! How the hell was his sperm active? https://t.co/5ZB404JNrC
News moves fast. Keep up with the BuzzFeed News daily email!