Another Scott Baio Costar, Alexander Polinsky, Has Accused Him Of Misconduct

A second former Charles in Charge actor on Wednesday accused the show’s star, Scott Baio, of misconduct on the set of the 80s sitcom when they were underage. Baio has vehemently denied all the claims against him.

Alexander Polinsky, who played Adam Powell, said he was harassed by Baio, who was then in his twenties, and “ultimately assaulted by him, between the ages of 12 and 15 years old.”

Flanked by attorney Lisa Bloom at a Los Angeles press conference, Polinsky, now 43, said he was called a “faggot” by Baio and told about “gay sex acts” that he would “grow up to perform.”

“Scott pulled down my pants in front of over 100 people,” Polinsky said. “Another time, he laughed as he cut a hole in the canvas wall of my private dressing room on set and exposed his genitals to me.”

Describing Baio’s behavior as “unrelenting” and “sexual-themed hazing,” Polinsky also said Baio threw hot water in his face at one point.

He said the abuse began when he was 11 after he stumbled upon Baio acting inappropriately with costar Nicole Eggert, then 14.

“I want a public apology,” Polinsky said. “If children are going to continue working in entertainment, they must be protected.”

Baio responded to Polinsky’s allegations in a statement through his represenatives.

“For reasons I don’t understand, I am the target of false claims that threaten everything that is important in my life,” he said in his statement. “I’m hurt and I’m angry, but mostly I am stunned that anyone could be so cruel as to attack not just me, but my entire family with lies. I will not let this continue unchallenged and will use every ounce of strength and faith in god that I have to defeat the people behind this. This story is just beginning to be told.”

Baio’s representatives added that they have gathered multiple statements from people involved with the show that refute Eggert and Polinsky, and showed pictures of Polinsky at a party thrown by Baio seven years ago.

Joining Polinsky at Wednesday’s press conference was Eggert, the first Charles in Charge actor to accuse Baio of misconduct.

Eggert told NBC last month that Baio manipulated her into intercourse when she was 17. She also said he penetrated her with his finger when she was 14.

Polinsky also told NBC in January that Eggert had previously told him of the abuse.

Baio, who has been most prominent in recent years for his vocal support of conservative politics, has denied all the allegations against him.

He has admitted to having sex with Eggert, but said this happened after she turned 18 and that she seduced him.

On Twitter on Wednesday, Baio wrote, “I’ve tried my best to let the proper authorities handle this matter. It now seems they want a ‘horse & pony’ show.”

The actor said he would hold his own press conference later on Wednesday afternoon.

Eggert, 46, expressed remorse at Wednesday’s press conference for not standing up for Polinksy.

“As an adult I carry huge guilt that I was a part of this in any way,” Eggert said. “I feel horrible and guilty that I didn’t stand up for him at the time, but I myself was a child. We were children.”

“It was hard for me to stand up for anyone else when I was trying to find my own truth,” Eggert said.

She said Polinsky was “consistently picked on” by Baio. “[He was] tripped, pushed around, berated with horrendous, horrendous homosexual slurs — all because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed something he wasn’t supposed to see.”

“Our innocence was robbed of us,” Eggert said. “What was supposed to be the best time of our life was a living nightmare.”

A Shooting Is Being Investigated Near The National Security Agency's Headquarters

A shooting took place early Wednesday morning near the headquarters of the National Security Agency, one of the nation’s primary intelligence agencies, on the Army’s Fort Meade campus.

A black SUV was stopped at the barriers in front of the NSA facility in Maryland, and one suspect is being held, and AP reported.

Many reports suggest that that person injured was a law enforcement officer, though details about the extent of the wounds were not disclosed.

“This morning shortly after 7:00 AM a vehicle attempted to enter NSA’s secure campus in Ft. Meade, Maryland without authorization. The situation is under control, and there is no ongoing security or safety threat,” the NSA said in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

“Weapons were discharged in the course of the incident, which remains under investigation at this time. Several individuals were transported to area hospitals; however, preliminary reports do not presently indicate that there are injuries attributable to gunfire. The FBI is presently leading the investigation,” the statement said.

Local police and rescue authorities are referring questions to the NSA and Fort Meade.

White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said in a statement that the president “has been briefed on the shooting” and offered “thoughts and prayers to everyone that has been affected.”

“We will continue to provide updates as they become available,” Walters concluded.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates and follow BuzzFeed News on Twitter.

The “Thirteen Reasons Why” Author Says He's Being Harassed After Having “Affairs With Consenting Adults”

The allegations against Asher came to light yesterday after Lin Oliver, the executive director of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, said the author has been expelled from the literary organization.

“After we investigated, we felt that terminating his membership was the proper course of action,” Oliver told BuzzFeed News on Monday. “We have always been really sensitive to sexual harassment issues and have a zero tolerance policy, but clearly our policies haven’t prevented violations, so we’re taking this opportunity to take another look at our guidelines.”

Asher did not name the people he says are harassing him. The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators has also not revealed who made the complaint against Asher.

If you have information or tips, there are a number of ways to securely share information with BuzzFeed News, including SecureDrop and postal mail. You can also email us at tips@buzzfeed.com or send us an encrypted message over Signal at (646) 379-1975. The best tips include specific information and documentation in addition to names. You can learn more about how to reach us here.

Chrissy Teigen Dragged That '90s “Hercules” Star After He Tweeted About Dreamers

Congress has been struggling to come up with a permanent solution for the so-called DREAMers, i.e., young, undocumented people who were brought to the US as children but who’ve since grown up here.

As it stands, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program is set to expire March 5 at the direction of President Trump, leaving nearly 700, 000 undocumented people’s ability to work and live in the US in jeopardy.

The Owners Of The AHS “Murder House” Are Suing The Brokers That Sold It To Them

A couple who purchased the Los Angeles home used as the “Murder House” for the first season of American Horror Story is suing the brokers who sold it to them, citing overzealous fans of the Ryan Murphy–produced anthology series.

Dr. Ernst von Schwarz and Pier Angela Oakenfold bought the Rosenheim Mansion in 2015 for $3.2 million, but say the brokers failed to disclose “material and important information” regarding the property.

According to the lawsuit, which was filed on Feb. 7 at the Los Angeles County Superior Court, von Schwarz and Oakenfold, the owners of the home, allege that the brokers brokers failed to disclose “material and important information” regarding the property.

“Unbeknownst to Plaintiffs and disclosed by Defendants, the Rosenheim Mansion had become a macabre tourist attraction for fans of the TV Show,” the lawsuit reads. “Hundreds of fans would come to the property, trespass, attempt to break in, and created significant nuisance not only for the Seller, but for the neighbors as well.”

The brokers behind the deal, Stephen Apelian and Joyce Rey of Coldwell Banker, a real estate firm, told BuzzFeed News, “It is very disappointing when any client involved in a real estate transaction is unhappy.”

“I have no doubt that the truthful facts of this case will resolve this matter in our favor,” their joint statement concluded.

In addition to the tourists, the homeowners allege that the property had “significant defects” in its condition, including “damage to the roof, gutters, significant leaks, water intrusion, and mold.”

Schwarz and Oakenfold argue that this goes against the Mills Act, an “economic incentive program in California for the restoration and preservation of qualified historic buildings by private property owners.”

Danielle Herrington Got A Surprise Message From Tyra Banks After Her S.I. Swimsuit Cover Reveal

The cover was revealed Tuesday morning on Good Morning America.

In the past, the cover has featured top models like Elle Macpherson, Heidi Klum, and Tyra Banks.

“So many little girls are looking at you and saying, ‘Oh my gosh, that could be me one day,'” Banks continued.

“There are so many people telling little girls that look like us that we’re not good enough and that we can’t achieve our goals, but by them looking at me back in the day and them looking at you now, you are the living embodiment to say that dreams do come true.”