She said: “When I outweighed the options of bad stories about me that would probably last a week in this news cycle, versus saving someone’s life, that wasn’t an option. I will gladly go there and take the heat. OK, if he’s gonna listen to me and he’s taking the meeting, maybe I can really get through to him and really explain it to him. From meeting all of the people that I have met behind bars, I guarantee you, they don’t care who signs that clemency paper.”
BuzzFeed News had the slightly weird experience of watching the John Lewis advert for the first time, in this living room space, within a John Lewis store, two days ago. It was only after having watched the advert that I was told that the room I was sitting in was the same set as the one from the advert I had just watched.
From today, customers can visit several scenes from the advert. For the past few weeks the 2000sq feet of space housing the set — which is right next to the store’s kitchenware department — has been disguised by a closed off area undergoing ‘essential maintenance’ so as to fool customers.
The rooms include the living room, a make up room and the recording studio. However, store representatives said that the plane scene would not be included since the interior of the plane was too big to fit into the shop.
“What I think about what’s important in 2018 for both men and women, it’s about defying stereotypes. It’s about being multi-faceted. It’s about wearing a string bikini on the beach, and at a protest. I don’t think that any of us have to limit ourselves into a box, or the perception that anyone tries to force on you,” she said.
lmaoaoo this is funny as fuck but in all honesty therapy has saved my life so many times. if you’re afraid to ask for help, don’t be. u don’t have to be in constant pain & u can process trauma. i’ve got a lot of work to do but it’s a start to even be aware that it’s possible. 🖤 https://t.co/XiytR3xE0O
Hi guys, it’s Farrah. And on the right, it’s Lea Michele: Broadway actress, Emmy Award winner, and Glee superstar. One thing you might notice from this photo is that her skin is straight-up GLOWING. In fact, she always seems to have ~flawless~ skin and makeup.
Let’s take a look at exhibit B…
To start off, one of the pieces of advice Lea gave was this: “Beauty begins from within, and you should always take care of the inside first. Make sure you’re drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, and eating well.” Which is always a great reminder!!! Our skin hates too much caffeine and little sleep.
Washing my face every morning and every night was already a routine for me, so I gave the iS Clinical cleanser a shot. It’s a lightweight cleanser that felt refreshing and not too drying on my sensitive skin. I felt ~fancy~ using it.
On top of getting enough sleep and eating well, Lea believes in taking vitamins in the morning. It was like I got to start my day with TWO pieces of candy since Olly’s Women’s Multi takes like sour strawberry — and it’s a gummy. I’d rather eat two of these in the morning than swallow a GIANT-ASS vitamin.
This next part was my favorite by FAR. Because Lea receives facials from esthetician Shani Darden once a month, I contacted her to see if I would be able to experience a facial the way she does. Lucky for me, Shani had time to get me in!
Did I feel pampered? YES. Shani’s facials are roughly an hour long, customized for each individual’s skin type.
Here’s everything that went down during my facial:
1. Skin is cleansed.
2. Shani looks at your skin to see what’s going on.
3. Vibration therapy: Tones, tightens, and lifts the skin.
4. Skin peel. (“The peel will depend on your skin type,” Shani told BuzzFeed. “With Lea, I usually do a pretty strong peel. She loves a nice, strong peel.”
6. Mask. (This is also customized depending on what your skin needs.)
7. Microcurrent. (“It’s like exercise for your muscles. It can give you a lift, define your cheekbones.”)
8. Ultrasound to penetrate a product into the skin.
9. LED light. (“This boosts collagen into the skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and helps with acne.”)
Shani also noted, “If Lea’s doing a red carpet, I won’t do extractions.”
To give her skin some MORE TLC, Lea also takes Vibrant Skin vitamins to help boost collagen. And CLEARLY it shows on Lea, whose skin looks timeless!!!!!
Um, can I just say I LOVE Lea’s nighttime ritual of not looking at her phone? As someone who stares at a screen all day, it was nice to unwind and relax by putting my phone away and on DND. I also chose chamomile tea and slept VERY well the entire week.
To continue my pre-bedtime ritual, I used Lea’s favorite bath soak: G.Nite by Goop. I’m not going to lie, when you put this stuff in your tub, it looks as if you’ve just placed a very dusty shoe in clean bathwater. The sandalwood scent was strong. I was skeptical, but once I got in…WOW. It was nice! I could smell the essential oils more than the sandalwood, and my muscles felt really relaxed.
The last step in the pre-bedtime routine was taking a stress-free vitamin for peaceful sleep. Lea loves Olly’s Goodbye Stress vitamin, so I tried it out. I’m not sure if it was the soak, the vitamin, the tea, or ALL OF THE ABOVE, but I slept so, so well throughout the entire week.
Here’s a little breakdown of everything Lea Michele uses:
– iS Clinical Cleansing Complex, $42
– Olly’s Women’s Multi vitamin, $13.99
– Olly’s Vibrant Skin vitamin, $14.99
– Facial by Shani Darden, $400
– Joanna Vargas sheet masks, $75
– G.Nite by Goop bath soak, $35
– Olly’s Goodbye Stress vitamin, $12.29
So, after living by Lea Michele’s beauty routine for a week, this is what I learned:
– I love facials and now see why celebrities pay talented estheticians to take care of their skin.
– After a week, the Vibrant Skin vitamins seemed to make my nails stronger. So I have to believe they were also giving my skin a bit more lovin’, too.
– Taking time to unwind after a long day is incredibly important — and helped me sleep better.
– Chamomile tea might solve all my problems.
Note: Some of these products/services were provided to BuzzFeed free of charge.